Find Solutions to Agricultural Problems that Affect Americans Every Day, From Field to Table.
The incumbent will serve as a Biological Science Laboratory Technician in the Grain, Forage and Bioenergy Research Unit or the Agroecosystem Management Research Unit located in Lincoln, NE. The Units missions are to improve the productivity and environmental quality of crop and livestock production systems. Research includes plant breeding and development of management practices to improve grain production and quality, to use inputs more efficiently, and to reduce pest and disease impacts.
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of complex technical duties in a laboratory, field or greenhouse environment.
- Contributes ideas towards the planning and sequencing of the technical aspects of the research.
- Collects, prepares and evaluates scientific samples and supporting records.
- Maintains inventory of chemicals for use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
- Prepares solutions and reagents for use in the laboratory, field, or greenhouse.
- Safely disposes of waste material (both chemical and biological).
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel to field to perform research.