The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located in the Office of the Chief of Staff, Military Administration Department, at the Naval War College (NWC), Newport, RI. At the full performance level, the incumbent prepares and processes travel orders, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders, travel claims, authorizes electronic fund transfer payment to travel claims and local vouchers, and maintains an automated travel status log for all travel conducted by the Naval War College. Applications will be accepted at the GS-05 and GS-06 levels.
The salary range for this position at the GS-05 level is: $34,576.00 to $44,954.00 including locality pay.
The salary range for this position at the GS-06 level is: $38,542.00 to $50,100.00 including locality pay.
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current, Permanent Federal Employees;Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) Eligibles; Veterans Recruitment Appointment Eligibles; 30% or More Disabled Veterans; ICTAP Applicants
At the full performance level:
· Process travel orders using the Defense Travel System (DTS) or the Automated Travel Order System (ATOS).
· Process travel claims using the Integrated Automated Travel System (IATS).
· Provide guidance/customer service to faculty, staff, and students on all aspects of travel conducted on Government Travel Requests (GTR).
· Assist the supervisor in monitoring/administering the government travel card program.
· Determine PCS entitlements and prepare PCS orders.
· Research travel issues using travel regulations. Present information and recommendations to supervisor.
· Maintain the automated travel log for all travel orders issued.