In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this EDUCATION SERVICES OFFICER, you must meet the following criteria.
Degree: that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the position to be filled in one or a combination of the areas described below. At least one course must have been from (1) or (2) below. For guidance counselor positions, a college or university-sponsored practicum in counseling is also required.
1. Tests and measurement: Study of the selection, evaluation, administration, scoring, interpretation,and uses of group and individual aptitude, proficiency, interest, and other tests.
2. Adult education: Study of the adult as a learner, teaching-learning theories for adults, models and procedures for planning, designing, managing, and evaluating adult learning activities.
3. Educational program administration: Study of the foundation and methods in organizing for adultand continuing education programs.
4. Curriculum development or design: Study of the principles and techniques for development of curricula for adult or vocational education programs.
5. Teaching methods: Study of teaching strategies and learning styles of the adult learner.
6. Guidance and counseling: Study of the purposes and methods in counseling and guidance, the role of the counselor in various settings, approaches to counseling, and the uses of tests in the counseling situation.
7. Career planning: Study of career development, learning activities, systems, approaches, program coordination, use of educational and community resources, and vocational counseling systems.
8. Occupational information: Study of theories of occupational choice and vocational development and their application to the guidance process. Identification and utilization of various types of occupational information and resources.
GS-11 - 1 year equivalent to at least GS-9
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of military personnel human resource management concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents; a wide range of military personnel concepts, practices, regulations, etc. within the Education and Incentives field; a full range of US laws, regulations, principles and practices sufficient to provide state level comprehensive military personnel management advisory and other technical services to organizational functions.
2. Knowledge of training and development principles,theories and methods.
3. Ability to interact with all levels of management and as a strategic partner in the delivery of human resource services requiring a broad approach and a careful analysis.
4. Analytical and diagnostic techniques and qualitative and quantitative techniques sufficient to identify, evaluate,and recommend to management appropriate HR interventions to resolve complex interrelated HR problems and issues;
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN FROM THE NEW
YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
OF 306 (can be retrieved from http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.