Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR).
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement FDA-NCTR-14-MP-1184581BB under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This job opportunity announcement may be used FDA-wide to fill additional vacancies within the same geographical location.
- Assists in the development and validation of methods for analysis of contaminants, adulterants, additives and potencies of FDA regulated products.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative analyses on a variety of National Toxicology Program (NTP) samples and other funding groups such as the Center for Tobacco Products (CTP).
- Applies Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) in the analysis of samples to monitor the environs of test animals, work area and NCTR waste water to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Follows samples through to completion by performing appropriate chemical/biochemical assays.
- Collects, interprets, and evaluates scientific data for technical reports and publications.
- Occasional Travel
- 10% Domestic