The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Our mission includes advocating for investors who seek to secure a future for their family, providing guidance and regulations for the nations securities industry in an increasingly global market, and taking action with an eye toward promoting the capital formation necessary to sustain economic growth.
A career with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) offers work that is exciting, challenging and rewarding. You can contribute to securities regulation and enforcement while making a positive difference for the American investing public. The SEC provides:
- Careers that broaden and deepen your already accomplished knowledge, skills and abilities;
- An environment that allows you to work and learn with the nations experts;
- Benefits, compensation and career expansion opportunities; and
- A balance between your professional and family life.
To find out more about the SEC, go to http://www.sec.gov.
The SEC offers a number of enhanced pay and benefits plus the standard Federal benefits:
- Paid dental and vision insurance;
- Subsidy for health insurance, which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage and by $50 for family coverage;
- Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program;
- Mass transportation subsidy;
- "WorkSmart" - Opportunities for flexible work schedules and expanded telework
The Office of Broker Dealer (OBD) in the Division of Trading and Markets (TM) is seeking to fill the position of Attorney-Adviser. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Typical Duties Include:
- Carrying out a wide variety of duties relating to the securities markets and certain market participants, including review and analysis of rule changes submitted by self-regulatory organizations (SROs) and work on rulemaking initiatives and special projects relating to the equity, debt, and derivatives securities markets.
- Assisting other staff in the Division and other offices and divisions in the Commission on a wide array of matters relating to the equity, debt, and derivative markets.
- Participating in advising on policy matters relating to the securities markets and providing technical assistance in the development and implementation of major SEC initiatives in the securities area.
- Organizing task forces consisting of attorneys and other professionals from within the office. Designing the scope and parameters of projects; defining issues to resolve, the data required, and the parties to be consulted.
- Performing independent analysis of legal memoranda and reports prepared by the staff; summarizing factual and legal issues involved, brief the Director, Deputy Director, and the Associate Directors with respect thereto; and presenting recommendations as to the proper course of action.
- Occasional Travel
- Some travel may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to all U.S. Citizens and persons lawfully admitted for permanent residence and seeking citizenship as outlined in 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B).
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.