About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Leads a team of three or more Building Services workers/Facilities Services workers performing tasks involving physical labor and equipment operation, as well as general custodial duties.
- Leads and demonstrates proper work methods; motivates and advises workers to follow instructions received from supervisors related to problems and in meeting deadlines.
- Performs the same duties of the Building Services workers/Facilities Services workers he/she is leading including performing duties such as moving, arranging, and lifting very large and unusually heavy material and collections; loading and unloading debris, trash, equipment supplies, and other materials from trucks, vans, and cars by using dollies, hand trucks, hand operated hydraulic lifts, and/or by hand; and performing custodial tasks, as required. Custodial duties include cleaning offices, exhibit space, restrooms, corridors, storage rooms, stairways, or any area within the confines of the building(s) using manual and automated equipment.
- Assures that safety and housekeeping rules are followed by workers and ensures that stock is replenished when required.
- May need to perform tasks associated with special events such as erecting and folding tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolds.