Job Title:Customer Service Repersentative
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:14-0401-053220DP-MW
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Tuesday, August 5, 2014 to
Monday, August 11, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Manila, UT View Map|
1 vacancy -
Vernal, UT View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
|Q - Nonsensitive|
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 14-0401-053220FS-MW. Current or former Forest Service employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
This position is located on the Ashley National Forest on the Flaming Gorge Ranger District in Manila UT or in the staff office in Vernal UT.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Karen Kieborz at 435-781-5196 or at email@example.com.
This is a Customer Service Representative position that serves as a front-line representative for the offices on the Ashely National Forest in Manila, Utah or Vernal UT. The position is responsible for providing information to visitors on recreational opportunities, and performing daily activities to support the operation of information centers, such as, checkouts, sales, customer assistance, and other clerical duties.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
DUTIES:Back to top
Primary job duties include greeting visitors and answering the telephone; providing routine information and answering many types of inquiries from external (public) and internal (coworkers) customers; using word processing software and office equipment to create, copy, edit, store, and print a variety of documents; serving as a collection officer to sell maps and permits and assisting with processing of campground fee collections; processing incoming and outgoing daily mail; auditing Time and Attendance; and assisting with Travel.
Other duties include: maintaining district bunkhouse reservation schedule, handling all remote camp and out-of-town vehicle reservation requests in support of field crews, maintaining accurate bunkhouse and field camp check-in/check-out logs; ensuring bunkhouse agreements are signed prior to check in. Receives and processes monthly vehicle mileage reports. Promptly reports vehicle or housing issues or problems to appropriate staff for resolution. As a key member of the District’s administrative support team the incumbent will work closely with the Support Services Supervisor to ensure timely and efficient operations.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess the qualifications identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate specialized experience requirements listed below for each grade level.
GS-5: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-4 grade level; bachelors degree or 4 years of successfully completed education above high school; and/or combinations of successfully completed post-high school education (in excess of the first 60 semester hours} and experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
Examples of specialized experience are: performing general clerical support such as greeting visitors, maintaining files and typing letters; assisting in the analysis of incoming routine and controlled correspondence, including mail, cables, faxes, and documents; reviewing sections of agency or organizational directives and procedures to perform routine tasks such as correspondence work, filing and processing mail.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements as of the closing date of the announcement
May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated in accordance with the category rating procedure as defined in the USDA Demonstration Project Plan. Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position will be placed in the Eligible category. Eligible applicants will be further evaluated against criteria for placement in the Quality category. This evaluation is based on the level of your experience, education, and/or training as determined by your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. Applicants with veterans’ preference are listed ahead of applicants who do not have veterans’ preference within each category.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the “Apply Online” button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=7305e831-1b23-4e47-9fd1-a37900cd7593
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin.
The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you are requesting this.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a resume with USAJOBS or upload a resume into your USAJOBS account. Customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Step 3: Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
NOTE: Verify that uploaded documents from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system. Once in the Agency's staffing system you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded documents must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
You must submit a complete Application Package, prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date of this announcement. The following documents must be submitted for your application package to be considered complete. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents are received within the required timeframes. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
NOTE: If a document is resubmitted, it replaces the previous submission, which means the previous document is no longer available to the Human Resources Office. If you are adding to, rather than replacing a previous submission, you must upload both the old document and the new document. Please verify that documents you are uploading from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system as there is a limitation to the number of documents that can be transferred. However, once in the Agency's staffing system, you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded resumes must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or you are substituting education for specialized experience and/or if you are using education to meet the criteria for the quality category. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
- DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) if claiming Veterans’ Preference. Veterans claiming 10 point preference must also submit a VA Letter and an SF-15 Application for 10-point Veteran Preference. Current Active Duty members must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
- Other required documents may include:
- CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held. Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an acknowledgement email that the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate