Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Coolidge, AZ View Map
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indian, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 1175325
ELECTRICIAN (Power System), BB-2810-00,
Posn.#4100042, Western Region,
San Carlos Irrigation Project,
BB-00: $41.63 - $41.63 Per Hour
NOTE: Government housing is not available.
NOTE: This position is also being advertised under the Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) Vacancy Announcement Number CRPA-D1427. Applicants who wish to be considered under both Merit Promotion and DEU procedures must submit a separate application to each announcement.
Selective Factor: Applicants must meet the Federal Wage System (FWS) Job Grading Standards and the following selective factors:
- Applicant must provide proof of a four (4) year electrician apprenticeship program or 8,000 hours of electrical type training equivalent to such a program administered by an electric utility
- A valid Commercial Driver's License - Class "B" is required. A legible copy of your driver's license indicating your CDL classification must be submitted.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible. Applicants not entitled to Indian Preference must be Federal civilian employees with competitive status or former Federal civilian employees with reinstatement eligibility and must submit latest Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50B, as proof.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required for training, conferences, meetings, and other work related activities.
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- APPOINTMENT MAY INCLUDE A REQUIREMENT FOR ONE YEAR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE AND BY FAX TO 1-478-757-3144.