About the Agency
This position is located in the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Financial Management Office (FMO). The Financial Management Office (FMO) is centrally responsible for agency-wide budget formulation and execution; acquisition of all goods and services, and their administration; and financial information tracking, reporting, and analysis and managing the agency's travel management program. FMO provides policy, liaison and technical support for each of its responsibilities to the FTC's Commission, management and staff; to Congress, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Treasury Department, and other Federal agencies. It directly supports the FTC's implementation of various acquisition, financial management, and budgeting regulations and statutes.
If selected for this position, you will work with FMO management and internal controls staff to coordinate policy development and agency efforts in preparing financial, performance and strategic planning reports for presentation to top-level management, Congressional committees, Office of Management and Budget, General Accounting Office and for the public to comply with the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) Modernization Act of 2010. In addition you will:
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate or modify program, financial, operational and/or management policies, goals, or objectives;
- Develop procedures, methods and systems for assessing the effectiveness of organizational program and/or management processes, including the current internal control and risk environment;
- Review and evaluate established internal controls and polices to determine appropriate changes to improve the efficiency of current operations;
- Identify problem areas and determine appropriate action required to improve program effectiveness, internal controls, cross-office collaboration and the integrity of the FTC's policy, financial and performance information;
- Lead policy development groups to formulate and/or revise new and existing policies across FMO. Ensure the policies, priorities, operating plans, metrics and goals are effectively integrated with the budget and staff allocation process;
- Standardize the policy development process, engage key customers and stakeholders in the development, change management and rollout, and ensure that all external party recommendations are fully met and satisfied. Ensure that policies are appropriately monitored and updated on a regular schedule;
- Secure the understanding and acceptance of policy-related findings and recommendations from internal and external parties, and provide expert advice and assistance in the implementation of approved changes;
- Provide expert policy advice requiring a mastery application of highly advanced management and organization skills, and an understanding of complex and sensitive issues;
- Lead regular policy and performance management review processes for the FTC's senior management and identifies instances in which course corrections or other changes are necessary;
- Build ongoing analytical capacity for identifying opportunities for policy, program and operational improvements;
- Assist FTC program offices in the development and use of policies and performance measures.