Job Title: Financial Policy and Performance Specialist - DEUJob Announcement Number: OED-FIN-2014-0015
Agency: Federal Trade Commission
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, August 5, 2014 to
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Competitive Service -
Permanent - Full Time
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All Qualified Candidates
Public Trust - Background Investigation
About the Agency
This position is located in the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Financial Management Office (FMO). The Financial Management Office (FMO) is centrally responsible for agency-wide budget formulation and execution; acquisition of all goods and services, and their administration; and financial information tracking, reporting, and analysis and managing the agency's travel management program. FMO provides policy, liaison and technical support for each of its responsibilities to the FTC's Commission, management and staff; to Congress, to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the Treasury Department, and other Federal agencies. It directly supports the FTC's implementation of various acquisition, financial management, and budgeting regulations and statutes.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will work with FMO management and internal controls staff to coordinate policy development and agency efforts in preparing financial, performance and strategic planning reports for presentation to top-level management, Congressional committees, Office of Management and Budget, General Accounting Office and for the public to comply with the Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA) Modernization Act of 2010. In addition you will:
- Develop, analyze, and evaluate or modify program, financial, operational and/or management policies, goals, or objectives;
- Develop procedures, methods and systems for assessing the effectiveness of organizational program and/or management processes, including the current internal control and risk environment;
- Review and evaluate established internal controls and polices to determine appropriate changes to improve the efficiency of current operations;
- Identify problem areas and determine appropriate action required to improve program effectiveness, internal controls, cross-office collaboration and the integrity of the FTC's policy, financial and performance information;
- Lead policy development groups to formulate and/or revise new and existing policies across FMO. Ensure the policies, priorities, operating plans, metrics and goals are effectively integrated with the budget and staff allocation process;
- Standardize the policy development process, engage key customers and stakeholders in the development, change management and rollout, and ensure that all external party recommendations are fully met and satisfied. Ensure that policies are appropriately monitored and updated on a regular schedule;
- Secure the understanding and acceptance of policy-related findings and recommendations from internal and external parties, and provide expert advice and assistance in the implementation of approved changes;
- Provide expert policy advice requiring a mastery application of highly advanced management and organization skills, and an understanding of complex and sensitive issues;
- Lead regular policy and performance management review processes for the FTC's senior management and identifies instances in which course corrections or other changes are necessary;
- Build ongoing analytical capacity for identifying opportunities for policy, program and operational improvements;
- Assist FTC program offices in the development and use of policies and performance measures.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To qualify at the GS-13 level:
Applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service, which has provided the applicant the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties for this position. Specialized experience is defined as experience which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
Examples of specialized experience at the GS-12 level include; analyzing and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of organizational programs, interpreting findings resulting from studies, and developing modifications, revisions, and implementing procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
To qualify at the GS-14 level:
Applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, which has provided the applicant the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties for this position. Examples of specialized experience include; experience analyzing and evaluating content for projected impact on organization programs or resources; experience serving as an advisor conducting a variety of management, program, and/or financial reviews/studies; and experience planning, organizing and completing several complex project assignments requiring development of strategic plans, coordination of work and the utilization of administrative/financial data systems.
All applications must be received on-line via www.usajobs.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For information on how FTC determines the best qualified candidates click here.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Individuals applying for this announcement are required to complete and submit an online application through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) application system, USAJOBS. The information you provide in USAJOBS is general information completed by all candidates. That information and your resume will become part of your application and will automatically be transferred to FT-SEE when you apply online. The submission of anything other than the below online application will result in you not being considered for this job.
If applying online poses a hardship to any applicant, please contact us. Applicants must contact us at 202-326-2021 prior to the closing date to speak to someone who can provide assistance for online submission. Requests for extensions will not be granted.
There are several parts of the application process that will affect your overall evaluation:
1. Your online resume (See Step 1 below).
2. Your responses to the eligibility questions.
3. Your responses to the vacancy specific self-assessment questions.
4. Submission of supporting documentation (See instructions under the "Required Documentation" section of this posting.
You have until 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date of this announcement to complete the following four-step application process:
STEP 1: To apply, you must first register on USAJOBS at www.usajobs.opm.gov and have at least one resume associated with your account. Your online resume must be built using the USAJOBS resume builder or you can upload an existing resume from your computer. You must submit a resume to be considered for this position. Once you have completed the registration process, thoroughly review this vacancy announcement and then select the "Apply Online" button and follow the instructions provided.
STEP 2: After selecting a resume to submit with your application package, you will be taken to FT-SEE to answer questions related to your experience and vacancy specific questions. The answers to the questions are necessary to evaluate your qualifications for the specific job to which you are applying. When completed, the information you provided through USAJOBS and the answers to the FT-SEE questions will become your application.
STEP 3: Review your resume to make certain that it supports your responses to the questions. Once you submit your online application, you will see a screen telling you that your application has been successfully transmitted. If you do not receive this confirmation, you have not successfully completed your application.
STEP 4: Submit Supporting Documentation, as necessary.
NOTE: Paper applications and information sent by mail WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To help you ensure your application fully outlines your qualifications and eligibility for this position, please submit the following documentation as appropriate. Some of the items listed may not apply to you.
APPLICATION PACKAGE CHECKLIST
__ Announcement number, title, and grade(s) of the position
__ Full name, mailing address (including zip code) and day and evening phone numbers (with area code)
__ Statement that you are a U.S. citizen
__ Current Federal employees serving on a competitive career or career conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible must submit a copy of their most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50).
__Copy of DD Form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) (only if claiming veteran's preference)
__SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veteran's Preference) plus the support documentation required by this form (if claiming 10-point veteran's preference)
__ Paid and non-paid work experience related to the position. For each period of Work experience include:
___Series/grade (if Federal employment)
___Duties and accomplishments
___Employer's name and address
___Supervisor's name and contact information
___Starting and ending dates of employment (month/day/year)
___Number of hours worked per week
___Indicate if we may contact current supervisor/employer
___Other job related information, such as training courses (title & year); skills (e.g., other languages, computer software/hardware, tools, etc.)
___Honors, awards, and special accomplishments
___A Legible copy of college transcripts (if qualifying all or in part on the basis of Education for this position)
___Support documentation for eligibility for special hiring authorities, such as disability, Peace Corps service, etc.