About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Business Administration and Technical Services (OBATS), Office of Facilities Engineering and Operations (OFEO), Smithsonian Institution. The employee oversees, coordinates, integrates, and directs the human capital resource management functions by serving as the principal advisor to the OFEO Director, the Deputy Director, and the directors of the other OFEO organizations on all personnel and organizational development matters.
- Oversees the OFEO-wide human capital and organizational structure to include personnel planning, programming, priority and organizational analysis, and execution for all OFEO personnel resources.
- Serves as the expert on federal personnel law and ensures compliance with merit systems protection and labor employee relations for Wage Grade and General Schedule employees.
- Writes reports, analyses, and correspondence which is circulated at high management level and addresses complex technical and procedural issues.
- Manages staff specifically assigned to human capital and organizational development programs.
- Performs studies and analyses to identify problems, solutions, and trends related to OFEO human capital.
- Provides recommendations and guidance to OFEO on new initiatives and pro-active strategies to meet SI-wide facilities goals and objectives.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
This position is open to current and former Federal employees with permanent status or reinstatement eligibility. Individuals who are eligible for a special appointing authority may also apply; such as applicants with a disability, former Peace Corps volunteers, certain military spouses, veterans seeking a VRA/VEOA appointment, or veterans who have been separated from armed forces under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service.
Questions? This job is open to 5 groups.