The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
**THE CLOSING DATE ON THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO NOW CLOSE ON 09/04/2014; APPLICANTS THAT PREVIOUSLY APPLIED DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY**
This position is located in the Radiological Engineering Division (Code 105.2), Facilities and Process Engineering Branch (Code 105.22) located at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PHNSY&IMF) at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
Salary will be increased by the applicable cost-of-living allowance (COLA), which is subject to change without notice.
As a Supervisory Nuclear Engineer or Supervisory Health Physicist your duties will include and are not limited to the following:
· Overseeing radiological control changes to Corporate Nuclear Power Manuals (CNPM) to ensure they comply with NAVSEA regulations.
· Persuading shipyard management to adopt/comply with all radiological, environmental and technical requirements.
· Performing radiological performance assessments to evaluate the health of the CNPM process.
· Establishing and implementing new radiological procedures and equipment to ensure technical requirements are satisfied.
· Ensuring Non-Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP) radiation health and safety program is implemented and maintained;
· Maintaining Navy Radioactive Material Permits (NRMP) and conducting compliance audits;
· Establishing and supervising the Shipyards accountability and control system for non-NNPP radioactive sources and material;
· Planning and directing non-NNPP radiation safety and Health Physics training;
· Developing and providing training and mentoring for division engineers;
· Conducting frequent assessments;
· Providing and exercising direct administrative and technical supervision over the division.