Department: Department Of The Interior
Agency: Bureau of Reclamation
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Reclamation is a contemporary water management agency. Reclamation is best known for Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, Grand Coulee Dam on the Columbia River and Folsom Dam on the American River. Today we are the largest wholesaler of water in the country and the second largest producer of hydroelectric power in the western United States. Visit: http://www.usbr.gov. View our DVD titled "Traditions, Talent, and Teamwork" at: http://www.usbr.gov/pmts/hr/video/.
Reclamation is seeking a new professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Laborer. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Would you enjoy performing a variety of labor duties related to the operation and maintenance of the Navajo Dam and related structures? Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
THIS VACANCY IS FOR 1 TEMPORARY POSITION, NOT-TO-EXCEED 1 YEAR, THAT CANNOT BE MADE PERMANENT. May be extended for up to 2 years, if needed.
LOCATION: UPPER COLORADO REGION, WESTERN COLORADO AREA OFFICE, RESOURCES MANAGEMENT DIVISION, SOUTHERN FACILITY MAINTENANCE GROUP, DUTY STATIONED IN NAVAJO DAM, NEW MEXICO.
LIVING CONDITIONS: Navajo Dam, New Mexico is located 38 miles from Farmington, New Mexico. For living conditions in Farmington, NM, go to: http://www.farmingtonnm.org
- Not Required
- U.S. Citizenship or National.
- Must apply online, submit resume & supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Subject to pre-employment & annual physical exam & pulmonary function test.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation.
- For veterans consideration, submit document(s) under Required Documents.
- Requires frequent handling of objects weighing 80-100 pounds.