About the Agency
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework only during an emergency or natural disaster.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-CCA-14-274 for current federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on their expertise as a Craftsman with journeyman level skills. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment. Responsibilities include performing a variety of craftsman work with equipment and structures connected with fish passage and protective equipment, storage reservoirs and water conveyance systems.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
This position is located in Hermiston, OR. For more information, click on the following link: http://www.usbr.gov/pn.about/hr/area-information.html.
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility.
* Perform a variety of work incident to operation and maintenance of equipment and structures connected with fish passage and protective equipment, storage reservoirs and water conveyance systems.
* Perform at the journeyman level in at least one of these crafts: general mechanics, millwright, machinist, metal fabrication, welding, carpentry, concrete worker, masonry, mobile equipment/crane operations, painting, or plumbing.
* Equipment includes such items as hydraulically, electrically and mechanically controlled slide/radial gates and related controls, jet flow gates and other types of valves and gates handling large volumes of water.
* Structures include fish screens, fish ladders, reservoir embankments, gate houses, outlet works, concrete spillways, stilling basins, observation wells, gaging stations, irrigation delivery systems and other related facilities.
* Knowledge and skills on mobile equipment including heavy equipment such as loaders, backhoes, bobcats, mowing tractors, forklifts, boom trucks, dump trucks with trailer, and man lifts.