Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.
DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
Who May Apply:
Organizational Location: These positions are with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Chief Counsel, located in Los Angeles, CA.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
- Provides legal advice to, and legal representation of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), in matters relating to the activities and functions of CBP;
- Performs legal research into laws, regulations, decisions, and other precedents bearing on legal issues involving CBP, particularly Customs and Immigration laws;
- Represents CBP in various third party administrative hearings involving matters such as employee discipline and adverse actions, arbitration concerning the Union contract, EEO discrimination complaints, Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB) appeals;
- Assists the Department of Justice in civil actions involving CBP by preparing litigation reports, affidavits, and other pleadings, and participating in discovery, motion drafting, settlement discussions, and providing litigation support; and
- Advocates for claims filed on behalf of the Government and provides legal opinions and advice concerning resolution of claims against the government arising out of CBP operations.
- Occasional Travel
- Refer to Other Information Section for details