The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship and carry out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
This position is located in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Rocky Mountain Region; Fort Peck Agency; Poplar, MT and you can find more information specific to our organization at U.S. Department of the Interior, Indian Affairs.
APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED UNDER THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE
CONSIDERED AND NEED NOT RE-APPLY. YOU MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL
INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION WHICH WAS NOT PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED."
ADDING DRIVING REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former federal employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
As a Laborer, you will;
- Loads and unloads heavy boxes, bulky supplies and other materials to and from trucks, follies, other conveyances; moves heavy boxes, cartons or luggage by hand, hand truck or dolly.
- Janitorial duties, daily cleaning of adult jail, and assisted by maintenance workers.
- Cleaning of road construction, road maintenance, facility shop and fire hall.
- Ensure all buildings have inventory stock of all supplies.
- Moves and arranges furniture, shovel snow, coal, ashes, and other materials/waste; collects and empties garbage containers, burns garbage and trash, washes and waxes cars trucks and other vehicles.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance on government buildings and quarters.
- Occasional Travel
- Required occasional travel to units owned by Facilities Management.