About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Conducts "management evaluation and technical review" activities to determine compliance with OSHA regulations and other standards/guidelines.
- Develops and presents safety training programs curriculum (adapting various regulations and codes to the Smithsonian community).
- Prepares the Smithsonian standards criteria, procedures, programs, and technical data related to occupational safety and health (adapting nationally recognized standards to the museum setting).
- Assists with the review of drawings and specifications for projects under design. Inspects construction work sites and conducts acceptance tests of safety, health, and other preventative and protective equipment and systems at Smithsonian facilities.
- Provides technical consulting services to all organizational elements of the Smithsonian including senior management officials, as well as other museum facilities nationwide and throughout the world.