About the Agency
*Are you a scientific professional looking for a position at the regional level *Do you want to be part of an important mission, helping with exciting and groundbreaking science? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then this is the job for you!
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This vacancy is for one position; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As a Regional Science Coordinator (Biologist, Physical Scientist, or Hydrologist) within the Office of the Regional Director, Midwest Region, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serve as liaison for the Regional Director with regional leaders, science team leads, program coordinators, and discipline experts.
- Coordinates scientific activities and programs within the Midwest Region.
- Provides guidance and information regarding bureau scientific programs, products and directions.
- Identify and research opportunities and develop plans to implement programs across region.
- Participates in the development and planning of long-range integrated science activities.
- Develop scientific position and planning papers based upon concepts and priorities of the bureau.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with management in the Bureau, Department, other Federal, State, local government agencies, academic institutions, members of Congress and staff, and other entities.