Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement including the following specialized experience and/or education, as identified by grade level.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING BASIC REQUIREMENTS. SUBMISSION OF A TRANSCRIPT IS MANDATORY IN ORDER TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION.
Degree: that included 15 semester hours in statistics (or in mathematics and statistics, provided at least 6 semester hours were in statistics), and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, applicants must also meet the following Qualification Requirements for this position.
To qualify at the GS-05 grade level, applicants must have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience include utilizing computer software and applications to analyze statistical data from questionnaires and experience performing general office procedures.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study or specific course requirements stated above.
To qualify at the GS-07 grade level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience include performing basic statistical sampling procedures and assisting in the preparation of preliminary analysis.
One year of graduate-level education or superior academic achievement, or a qualifying combination of both.
To qualify at the GS-09 grade level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience include preparing estimates, forecasts, and supporting analysis in conjunction with statistical estimation processes and procedures.
Two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree, or a qualifying combination of both. An example of specialized experience would be with assistance from more senior members of the staff, analyzing summarized survey indications and preparing estimates, forecasts, and supporting analytical and interpretative comments for reports.
• May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- The category rating procedure is used to rank and select eligible candidates. Under category rating, applicants who meet basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position and whose job related competencies have been assessed are ranked by being placed in one of the following categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, and Qualified. Preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Knowledge of survey data collection process
- Skill in developing detailed plans and procedures for the conduct of surveys and for the analysis and preparation of estimates, forecasts, and reports
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Skill in preparing reports and formulating and recommending new or revised survey forms and questionnaires to facilitate the gathering of data (GS-07 and GS-09 only)
- Knowledge of agriculture-related disciplines such as agronomy, livestock husbandry, and agriculture business management and their relationship to statistical work on commodities or processed products to interpret and analyze crop, livestock, price, and other agricultural data (GS-09 Only)
- We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
To view the application form, visit: https://nass.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=bdebc062-1367-4fcb-a898-a33400a5b1d4