About the Agency
PLEASE NOTE: THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO AUGUST 25, 2014.
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-LC-14-66 for status applicants. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as an Occupational Health Nurse. Responsibilities include providing healthcare, counseling, education and training to employees and visitors of the Lower Colorado Dams Office (to include Hoover Dam and the Visitor Center).
LOCATION: Lower Colorado Region, Lower Colorado Dams Office, Compliance and Regulatory Office, Safety and Occupational Health Group, Hoover Dam, Boulder City NV. Boulder City and Hoover Dam are a short drive from the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
For living conditions visit: Boulder City, NV - http://www.bcnv.org
Henderson, NV - http://www.hendersonchamber.com
Las Vegas, NV - http://www.lvchamber.com
Relocation expenses are not authorized.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Provides healthcare, counseling, educational, OSHA medical monitoring programs, and training aspects of employee health programs for the LCDO.
- Administers emergency care for illnesses of occupational and non-occupational origin and injuries that occur at the workplace.
- Performs limited portions of physical examinations such as blood pressure readings, vision exams, venipunctures, hearing exams, etc...
- Administers prescribed medications, treatments, immunizations, and/or injections authorized by the medical director utilizing guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Provides limited emergency care to the general public while visiting facilities which include Hoover Dam and the Visitor Center. Provides advice to visitors on seeking medical care and may make referrals to local physicians and/or medical facilities according to the apparent nature of the problem.
- Assures patient treatment is adequately documented in medical records. Participates in staff meetings, validates assessments, communicates findings (orally and in written format) and makes appropriate clinical recommendations.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.