About the Agency
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-GP-NK-14-60, for current Federal employees serving under competitive service career or career-conditional appointments, former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility, VEOA eligible veterans or persons eligible for non-competitive appointment under special appointing authorities (such as 30% disabled veterans). If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Natural Resource Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is a great opportunity to join an organization with excellent growth potential!
LOCATION: Nebraska-Kansas Area Office, Programs Management Division, Natural Resources Group, McCook, NE.
For living conditions go to: www.usbr.gov/gp/employment/living_conditions.pdf
Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Directs and administers the Use Authorization Management program which entails the review, preparation, negotiation, and administration of Licences, Special Use Permits, Letter of Consent, and various other agreements.
- Serves as a natural resource and lands management specialist. Identifies existing and potential issues associated with construction, operation and maintenance activities with regards to land management and other resources.
- Serves as the administrator and coordinator of all activities relevant to the Reclamation Reform Act of 1982 (RRA). Acts as a liaison with other Federal, state, or local entities regarding land and resource management efforts on Reclamation lands.
- Serves as the Land Classification Officer ensuring completion of all classification activities need for processing water right applications and transfers in accordance with Reclamation law, policy, standards and directives, and state laws.
- Assists in the administration of "Master Leases" and Resource Management Plans. Primary duties include interpretation and implementation of Reclamation policy, directives and standards, regulations, laws, and rules as they may apply.