About the Agency
The SEC's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The SEC seeks high-caliber law students who share the values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence. Using your legal education and experience, you will gain insightful experience into the regulation of security markets and how they must comply with securities laws. SEC Staff members serve as professional mentors, assisting with research and writing projects as well as providing advice and guidance on career development.
Do you want to perform challenging work in a professional environment? Begin by investing in your career and future at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)!
The SEC is seeking bright, innovative, results-oriented individuals for its 2015 Summer Honors Program in the Washington, DC Home Office and our 11 Regional Offices. We offer law students robust responsibilities and experiences that enhance their legal careers. Over the course of the ten-week program, students work with Commission staff on projects particular to the specific Division or Office to which they are assigned. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars/workshops, roundtable discussions, a mentoring program, and tours that will provide detailed information and guidance on securities laws.
Law students will be assigned to work with SEC staff members on projects and assignments that cover a broad range of the Commissions work. That work depends on the division or office where the student works. Intern assignments range from supporting litigation to assisting with drafting new regulations to helping with reviews, exams or public outreach.
In most regional offices, interns work either for litigators or investigative attorneys in the Enforcement Division or the exam staff that is part of the Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations. In Washington, interns work for a range of offices and divisions. For information about the opportunities and the work that interns do in specific offices and divisions, please read the SECs Web site.
The following offices are looking for legal interns for the Summer 2015 session:
- Division of Corporation Finance (Headquarters ONLY)
- Division of Economic & Risk Analysis (Headquarters ONLY)
- Division of Enforcement (Headquarters & Regional Offices)
- Division of Investment Management (Headquarters ONLY)
- Division of Trading and Markets (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Equal Employment Opportunity (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Compliance Inspections & Examinations (Headquarters & Regional Offices)
- Office of the Investor Advocate (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Municipal Securities (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of International Affairs (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Credit Ratings (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Inspector General (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of General Counsel (Headquarters ONLY)
- Office of Human Resources (Headquarters ONLY)
*THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 11:59PM MONDAY, OCTOBER 20, 2014*