Law students must be enrolled at least half-time in an accredited law school to participate in the Student Honors Program. Law school graduates who are enrolled in a graduate legal program (i.e. LL.M.) or joint degree programs (i.e. JD/MBA, JD/MPP, etc.) at least half time may also participate in the Student Honors Legal Program.
· Applicants MUST be a U.S. Citizen
· Relatives of current SEC employees are ineligible (parents, step-parents, siblings, and grandparents)
· Must be enrolled in a degree-seeking, accredited program
· A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
· 3L student graduating in May 2015 are NOT eligible to participate
View Assessment Questions
First year (1L) law students are NOT eligible for this announcement; a separate annoucement will be posted December 1, 2014 for 1L students.
We will review applications and extend offers on a rolling basis until this announcement closes. We recommend that students apply early in the process.
To qualify for these volunteer opportunities, law students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in the second year of law school (2L) with an anticipated graduation date of Spring 2016
- Enrolled in the third year of law school (3L) with an anticipated graduation date of Fall 2015 or beyond
- Enrolled in a dual degree program (JD/MPP; JD/MBA; JD/MS, etc.) with an anticipated graduation date of Fall 2015 or beyond
All qualification requirements MUST be met by the closing date of this announcement. Final offers are contingent upon a favorable background check.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
IMPORTANT NOTES: Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your application not being considered for these volunteer opportunities.
Qualified applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and submit a complete application package are forwarded for consideration to the locations to which they have applied. Representatives from the locations may contact candidates directly for interviews.