Job Title: Education Specialist (Digital Content)Job Announcement Number: 14R-JW-299673-TRF-NASM
Agency: Smithsonian Institution
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, July 28, 2014 to
Monday, August 11, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full-Time, Permanent -
This is not a Federal Position, but has similar requirements and benefits.
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
About the Agency
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must meet these Basic Education
[A]Degree: that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position.
[B]Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position, plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in A above.
In addition to Basic Requirements above, you must have following:
Experience: One year of full-time experience at the 09 grade level in the Federal Service or comparable pay band system that is close or similar to the work of the position. For this position specialized experience is defined as developing and executing research; organizing and writing broadcast content; constructing learning content for specific webcasts; and delivering educational content in an online environment.
Part-time and/or unpaid experience related to this position will be considered to determine the total number of years and months of experience. Be sure to note the number of paid or unpaid hours worked each week.
Or Education: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree related to the position may be substituted to meet the experience requirements.
Or a Combination: Education and experience may be combined to meet the basic qualifications; for example, a half year of experience and a half year of graduate education beyond the first year in the field may be qualifying. Special Instructions for Foreign Education: If you are qualifying by education and/or you have education completed in a foreign college/university described above, it is your responsibility to provide transcripts and proof of U.S. accreditation for foreign study. For instructions on where to fax these documents, see the "Required Documents" section of this announcement.
Qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the job announcement closing date.
- Unofficial school transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted with your application package by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
- If you have foreign education, you must show proof by the closing date of the vacancy announcement that education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials. Transcripts and proof of the evaluations should be submitted within your application package as indicated under “Required Documents”. Applicants may use the following websites http://www.naces.org/, http://www.fceatlanta.com/, or www.ies.aacrao.org to obtain these evaluations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated first for the basic qualifications described above. The applications that meet the basic qualifications will be evaluated further against the following criteria:
- Ability to conceptualize educational content.
- Ability to design, develop, & implement online education programs for K-12 audience, and the general public in a museum setting.for a web environment.
- Knowledge of education theory and teaching practices related to distance learning.
- Ability to research and develop educational activities for use with webcasting content in a museum setting.
- Ability to collaborate and be a part of an diverse educational content development team with scholars and scientists.
- Ability to communicate orally for the purpose of presenting and delivering on-air content.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the occupational questionnaire or other assessment tool for consistency. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume, you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Your resume should provide detailed information regarding how your education and experience relate to this position, including the major duties and qualifications criteria listed. To preview questions please click here.