About the Agency
This position is located in National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). NMAAHC is the national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain, and preserve objects with document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the United States; to conduct scholarly research designed to make significant contributions to the body of knowledge in the field of African American history, to publish findings for both scholarly and general audiences; and to interpret historical developments through pubic exhibits and programs.
- Serves as the confidential assistant and primary advisor to the Executive Assistant to the Director with responsibility for working directly with the Executive Assistant to facilitate, review, and coordinate all matters requiring the attention of the Director.
- Establishes computerized suspense system to log and track all correspondences, facsimiles, reports, meetings, etc. and follows-up to ensure timely action and replies.
- Works with minimal direction from the Executive Assistant to develop and direct internal administrative procedures for organization.
- Reviews all correspondence for the Director’s signature to ensure grammatical correctness and directs revisions based on in-depth understanding of the Director’s viewpoints prior to submitting to the Executive Assistant for Director’s signature.
- Keeps the calendar for the Executive Assistant and/or Director and establishes priorities in order to arrange meetings and contacts participants, and assembles correspondence, records, reports, and other materials having bearing on the subject meeting.
- Serves as liaison between the Executive Assistant and the team of Management Support Assistants/Specialists.
- Assists the Executive Assistant to the Director in the preparation of travel for the Director as well as invitational travel when necessary.