The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in
carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A
challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life,
promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect
and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska
This position is located in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Rocky
Mountain Region; Rocky Mountain Regional Office; Browning, MT United States 1 vacancy
and you can find more information specific to our
organization at U.S. Department of the Interior, Indian Affairs.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former federal employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
As a Irrigation System Operator, you will;
- Regulate and distributes irrigation water from and between storage reservioir, at diversions and in canals.
- Receive water orders, takes daily measurements; maintain record of water delivery, reservoir inflow and instream flows.
- Operate Project distribution facilities (dam gates, canal gates, checks, etc. to regulate and deliver water in accordance with Project policies.
- Work with maintenance crew to clean ditches and structures, repair and replace structures, build/place concrete forms and operate hand or power tools.
- Assist with weed control program whether chemical, mechanical or other types of control methods.