The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in
carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A
challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life,
promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect
and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska
This position is located in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Rocky Mountain Region, Branch of Human Services and you can find more information specific to our organization at http://www.bia.gov/WhoWeAre/index.htm
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former federal employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
As a Staff Support Assistant (OA), you will;
- Facilitate the work of the Regional Indian Services staff by carrying out office management functions and technical support services.
- Plan, Organize and implement office procedures and practices that maintain the function of the branch.
- Assure proper and timely dissemination and collection of required reports, reviews information for basic correctness and organzies reports for supervisors reviews.
- Assist in the operation of the Financial Assistance Social Services Case Management System, participate in the management of the office by performing substantive administrative tasks, reviews and approves all action in Quicktime and Conur Travel and other automated systems.
- Process all Indian Services purchase requests, contracts, grants and other related materials through appropriate channels.