Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Kimbrough is the headquarters of the U.S. Army Medical Department Activity (MEDDAC), Fort GeorgeG. Meade, which includes a number of U.S. Army health clinics, occupational health clinics, telemedicine, behavioral health, allergen extract lab, drug testing labs, and environmental health clinics at several other installations in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and District of Columbia.
Kimbrough provides primary care, selected specialty care and same day surgery for TRICARE Prime patients, Monday through Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Maintain custody of the outpatient medical records
- Receive walk-in patients, being alert to emergency medical sutiations that may require immediate attention
- Provide information and answer technical questions about medical records without compromising patient confidentiality
- Review medical records to verify completeness, conformity with regulations and requirements
- File all paperwork pertinent to the patient's medical cre into the medical records, identifying laboratory reports, x-rays, consultation reports and other medical documents received
- Uses automated systems/equipment as required, such as Composite Health Component System (CHCS), Medical Record Tracking (MRT), Medical Record Tracking, Retirement and Retrieval (MRTR2), etc., in the performance of duties
- Determines patient eligibility
- Responsible for inprocessing/outprocessing of patients