The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This announcement is being amended to extend the closing date to August 08, 2014.
This position is located in the Installation Facilities & Environment Division, Public Works Branch (Facilities Maintenance Section), Marine Corps Base, Quantico, VA.
· Collect water samples at various locations for delivery to a certified laboratory for analysis (e.g. bacterial, disinfection by-products, radiological, chemical, metals) as required by regulation.
· Perform standard analyses (e.g. turbidity, hardness, color, taste, odor, presence of certain chemical elements) on potable water supplies to identify and/or evaluate conditions that may be hazardous to the health of others.
· Interpret test results to recognize probable errors, respond to abnormal or incomplete data, and/or determine if data falls within expected results.
· Adjust testing standards in accordance with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulatory requirements involving potable water constituents and pollutants.
· Assemble monthly reports to disseminate water quality data.