About the Agency
This position is located in the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA). The EIA is the statistical and analytical agency within the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). EIA collects, analyzes, and disseminates independent and impartial energy information to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. EIA is the nation's premier source of energy information and, by law, its data, analyses, and forecasts are independent of approval by any other officer or employee of the U.S. government.
The Senior Market Analyst is located within the Office of the Assistant Administrator for Energy Statistics (OES). This position is responsible for:
- Cross-industry data program planning and developing various reports associated with energy markets including the natural gas, electricity, renewable sources, and petroleum industries.
- Developing conclusions and providing recommendations for decision-making on public policy initiatives, including Congressional and Executive Branch initiatives.
- Providing independent and expert advice and leadership on key national program goals, priorities, emerging energy industry issues, potential problems, and gaps/deficiencies.
- Serving a key role in the development of strategies, planning, organization, and implementation of broad aspects of energy information programs, particularly with respect to the integration of data collection, analysis, and reporting involving energy markets.
- Identifying gaps in collections to ensure accurate and complete information.
- Developing reports which have high visibility and policy impacts.
- On behalf of EIA and the U.S. Government, participating in activities (national and international) to produce useful information on supply, distribution, and use of various energy technologies.
- Representing DOE in meetings with other agencies, Congressional staff, international organizations, and/or industry on highly sensitive and diverse matters requiring improved analytical support.
- Coordinating closely with DOE and collaborating with external organizations to identify internal and external considerations impacting the work of the organization; negotiating/resolving issues related to them.
- Leading or participating in special studies initiated by EIA, other DOE offices, or other government agencies.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel is required for this position.