TOUGH WORK. VITAL MISSION. Challenge yourself! You have the power to help combat drug trafficking. Be a part of DEA! It's tough work, but a vital mission. Whatever your background or expertise, your work at DEA will be tremendously rewarding because it will have a daily impact on national security and the quality of life of all Americans.
Do your career "Justice" by working with DOJ, which has been ranked in the Top 10 Best Places to Work in the Federal Government. Come and join the nation's law enforcement agency, where our most important resource is our people. The Department leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. Become a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission. All applicants for employment with DEA must possess and maintain the highest levels of character and conduct. DEA will evaluate applicants' qualifications based on these qualities. Once a conditional offer is made, DEA will conduct a continuous evaluation of information, as it is obtained, to ensure that the prospective employees with DEA meet the agency-specific qualifications in the areas of character and conduct. To this end, the unfavorable decision in any of the areas that follow will be deemed as disqualifying: Drug Policy Requirements (as specified in this announcement), Credit History, Candor and Honesty, Work History, History with the Law, and other qualities that would detract from the integrity and efficiency of the DEA.
Position will be subject to the availabilty of funds
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All U.S Citizens
This position is located in the Office of Administration, Arlington VA.
The position is responsible for project management and program planning for the acquisition and renovation of Field Offices within an assigned geographical region.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
· Determines specification predictability for complex or costly construction projects.
· Develops life cycle maintenance/renovation schedules and attendant funding plans and proposals to assure facilities meet specialized requirements with maximum cost effectiveness.
· Prepares space utilization and layout plans.
· Evaluates and resolves problems or issues with widespread impact on the organization's large procurements, some of which have new or unusual requirements
· Prepares space utilization and layout plans. Using CAD develops and prepares detailed drawings and specifications for telephones, furniture, crypto, and other equipment.
· Discusses plans with lessors, contractors, GSA representatives, and with DEA field management.