The NIH is the premier biomedical research center in the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Administrative Research and Services Branch (ARSB), Division of Intramural Research (DIR), National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS).
The ARBS Provides administrative and research services support and advisory services to the staff of the Division of Intramural Research and the Division of the National Toxicology Program in the areas of:
(1) personnel management, budget and financial management, procurement, and travel; (2) research services support, including space management, conference support for board activities, support for fellowship programs, and media and glassware; (3) provides program planning guidance and assistance, and general administrative management, including advising senior intramural staff on the administrative management of the Institute and its programs, making recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of intramural administrative functions, and providing input on administrative policy development regarding intramural administrative matters ; and (4) designs, implements, and coordinates administrative and related automated information systems for the Divisions.
This position serves as the Chief of the Administrative Research and Services Branch (ARSB) providing the full range of business and administrative management services in support of DIR and DNTP programs.
As an Administrative Officer you will:
- Serve as principal advisor to senior management on all phases of the administrative management of the DIR, DNTP, Clinical Research Branch for NIEHS; and oversee the implementation of a variety of management services essential to the direction and operation of the Institute.
- Provide guidance and oversight for procurement, contracts, property management and operational management functions.
- Oversee and monitor the operating budget process to ensure the timely, appropriate, and efficient expenditure of funds against annual allotment; anticipate changes in funding levels; prepare proposals and justify current and increased expenditures.
- Serve as a principal advisor on all human resource management activities and ensures compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Oversee all administrative management matters associated with programs and operations; with responsibility for the analysis of organizational priorities and the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures.
- Participate in and oversee the planning sessions related to the following space, telecommunications, travel, and/or timekeeping and leave.
- Supervise the activities for administrative, technical and support staff.
- Occasional Travel
- For training