About the Agency
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, May 5, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (Headquarters to Field Offices or Field Offices to Headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving.
Division: Operational Technology Division
Section: Communication Intercept Section (CIS)
Unit: Telecommunications Intercept Collection Technology Unit (TICTU)
Location: Quantico, VA
Working Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Serves as a senior specialist and/or project manager well as a technical consultant addressing the most complex advanced systems projects that confront the FBI in the realm of information technology (IT).
- Provides advice and guidance to the FBI's management regarding all technical issues which pertain to planning, designing, developing, procuring, implementing, operating and maintaining the FBI's IT systems.
- Identifies, define, forecast, analyze, conceptualize, articulate, research, maintain and implement information systems and architecture to suit various needs throughout the FBI in administrative, technical, scientific, investigative and other widely diversified subject-matter activities.
- Provides expertise necessary to solve complex problems that hinder the development of operation of the FBI's IT systems.
- Plans, organizes and direct studies to develop long range IT forecasts and recommendations.
- Develops estimates for resources and incorporate same in appropriate schedules and planning documents.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel 4 weeks per year.