In order to qualify for Mathematical Statistician, 1529-11/12/13, you must meet the following:
Have at least a bachelor's degree that included 24 semester hours of mathematics and statistics, of which at least 12 semester hours were in mathematics and 6 semester hours were in statistics.
Have a combination of education and experience--at least 24 semester hours in mathematics and statistics, including at least 12 hours in mathematics and 6 hours in statistics, as show in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-11/12/13.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service that includes experience performing statistical analyses on biological or biomedical research problems and conducting reviews evaluating statistical methods, procedures, and concepts involved with biological or biomedical applications.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service that includes experience performing statistical analyses on biological or biomedical research problems, conducting reviews evaluating statistical methods, procedures, and concepts involved with biological or biomedical applications and commenting on the adequacy of biological/biomedical research plans, protocols, methodologies, data analyses and interpretations of results.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that includes experience performing statistical analyses on biological or biomedical research problems, conducting reviews evaluating statistical methods, procedures, and concepts involved with biological or biomedical applications and advising on the adequacy of biological/biomedical research plans, protocols, methodologies, data analyses and interpretations of results.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. Pre-employment physical required: No
5. Drug testing required: No
6. License required: No
7. Mobility agreement required: No
8. Moving expenses authorized: No
9. Immunization required: No
10. Relocation Incentive authorized: No
11. Recruitment Incentive authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
14. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
15. Financial disclosure statement required: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.
If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, you may be deemed ineligible or your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis of Rating: Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of the following quality categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
Best Qualified Applicants who have experience that is almost identical to those required by the position, including any quality ranking factors identified.
Well Qualified Applicants who have experience that is very similar to those required by the position.
Qualified Applicants who meet minimum qualification requirements, but do not identify any additional qualifying experience or skill.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics). You do not have to respond to the KSA's separately, but your resume should contain sufficient information to demonstrate possession of the Compentencies/KSA's.
1. Statistical Proficiency
2. Information Analysis
2. Design Development
3. Preparation and Presentation of Stastical Evaluation