This position is located in the Office of Litigation Support (OLS). OLS is one of six service offices within the Executive Office of the Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD). OLS provides a full range of services including, but not limited to providing (1) budget/financial contract management, (2) automated litigation support, (3) oversight of contract litigation support services, as well as (4) provides guidance to trial attorneys, paralegals and legal support staff on discovery and e-discovery best practice. The candidate must have excellent communication/people skills and be customer service oriented as the position will require working closely with all Sections of ENRD, outside contract vendors, other Federal agencies, as well as various components of the U.S. Department of Justice.
ENRD is a great place to work. ENRD has continued to be ranked in the top 15 federal sub-components for the past 5 years, and ranked #1 slot for 3 years in a row. Our office is conveniently located near the Navy Memorial/Archives Metro. A wide variety of shopping venues, the Verizon Center, museums, the National Mall, restaurants and coffee shops are all within walking distance. We also offer access to an onsite fitness center.
To learn more about ENRD visit us at: http://www.justice.gov/enrd/About_ENRD.html
As an Information Technology Specialist (CUSTPST), you will:
- Provide expert advice, assistance, and technical support to the Divisions various systems supporting litigation.
- Provide technical assistance to attorneys and client agency personnel regarding e-discovery requirements and OLS standardized ediscovery process.
- Provide technical support to Headquarters and Field Offices on ediscovery, litigation, and other information matters pertaining to electronic record identification, preservation, collections, processing, review, and analysis.
- Submit ESI data retrieval requests, tracking identified custodians and conducting case specific searches for ESI utilizing widely used automation.
- Assemble and review ESI and other evidence in a forensically-sound manner for preservation, processing and review in connection with legal proceedings.
- Develop ESI identification, preservation and process documentation, and prepare trial teams for rule 26(f) conferences.
- Conduct troubleshooting, works with other IT Specialists to resolve technical issues and prevent recurring problems.
- Assist, update and maintain databases, systems or applications related to ediscovery.
- Perform administration and support of SQL based systems such as MS SQL Server.
- Occasional Travel
- Position may require travel to attend training, meetings, or court proceedings.