About the Agency
Division: Houston Field Office
Location: Houston, TX
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
GS 8: $48,919.00 - $63,596.00
GS 9: $54,031.00 - $70,237.00
If selectee becomes a member of the Evidence Response Team, a physical examination may be required.
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, May 5, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (Headquarters to Field Offices or Field Offices to Headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving.
- Provide advice, guidance, and training for the Special Agents and Professional Staff on various aspects of evidence processing and procedures including search, protocol, evidence packaging, and proper completion of paperwork.
- Responsible for the receipt, retention and dispositon of evidence for the field office.
- Retrieves, releases and secures the return of evidence to/from the Evidence Control Room or other approved storage locations.
- Establishes automated history of evidence using an automated database.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional Travel is required.