About the Agency
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=WFUML
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Works with other staff to formulate and implement fiscal and budgeting processes, regulatory compliance, fund accountability, and adherence to directives for assigned organization. Analyzes support processes and assists in performing program liaison duties to support budget formulation and execution activities for a changing budget of administrative and program expenses involving different funding sources, such as acting as a point of contact for organizational staff involved in developing data and justifications for budget review and approval.
Assists senior level staff (to include the Budget Analyst, Administrative Officer and Performance Specialist) in providing assessments and suggesting improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems. Assists in the development of long-range planning and analysis of new substantive agency programs where precedents are scarce or nonexistent. Works with senior staff and division management to develop long-range management plans for efficient and effective program implementation and administration.
Studies and implements management improvements in administrative areas identified through such means as internal control reviews and management studies. Uses analytical techniques of a moderately complex nature. Depending on the complexity of the study, works with the administrative officer before presenting work to upper management. Analyzes and prepares administrative program status reports. Reviews internal processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements to promote efficiency and cost savings.
Works with senior staff and division management to resolve unusual problems in performing a variety of duties related to special projects involving administrative or program issues. Assists the division to conduct extensive research of data from diverse sources. Extracts and assembles information. Uses advanced analytical and statistical techniques to develop conclusions. Develops written reports or oral presentations to recommend changes to programs or procedures.