All required documents listed below, that are applicable to you, must be submitted to our automated system "Gateway to State" by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
1. Resume - your resume or any other written format you choose should contain the required information as specified in the “How You Will Be Evaluated” section. Insufficient information will result in an ineligible rating.
2. A completed online job specific self-assessment questionnaire through the Department’s automated system “Gateway to State”.
3. Transcripts - if you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed under the Qualifications and Evaluations section, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript(s) with your application. If selected, an official/sealed college transcript(s) will be required to verify education prior to employment.
4. Veterans Preference - If claiming veteran’s preference, you must indicate the type of veteran's preference you are claiming on your resume.
For 5-point veteran’s preference, you must provide a copy of your DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge which must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are currently on active duty, you must provide an official statement of service from your command/unit which states the date you entered active duty, expected discharge type and date, and campaign medals you have received OR other official documentation (e.g., documentation of receipt of a campaign badge or expeditionary medal) that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions. If the appropriate information is not submitted to confirm your discharge status, dates of service, etc., you will not receive credit for the claimed active duty military service.
For 10-point veteran's preference, you must submit a SF-15
and any documentation required by this form to support your claim. If we cannot verify your 10-point preference status, you will receive 5-point preference if veterans' preference requirements have been met. For further information regarding Veterans, click here
To gain access to your DD214 online, please visit: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html
5. If you are qualifying based on other criteria listed under the Qualification Section of this announcement, you MUST submit the required supporting documentation (certificates, certifications, etc.) with your application.
6. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation with their application. See links below:ICTAP ConsiderationsCTAP Considerations
All documentation, applicable to you, must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement. If the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility or you fail to submit any of the required documents, it will disqualify you from being considered for this job opportunity.