About the Agency
The position is located in the Great Lakes Regional Office of the International Joint Commission (IJC or Commission) in Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
The incumbent serves as the Director leading a binationally staffed and financed office established to assist the Commission and its Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement advisory institutions in the discharge of highly complex and scientific/technical and public policy programs(i.e., restoration and maintenance of the chemical, physical and biological integrity of the waters of the Great Lakes Basin Ecosystem).
- Supervises a staff of multi-disciplinary personnel from the Canadian and United States Civil Services.
- Establishes the Office's technical and workload objectives in conjunction with the Commissioners and Section Secretaries, taking into consideration overall International Joint Commission (IJC) goals and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining standards for the management of programs involving the collection, assessment, interpretation and dissemination of scientific, public policy, legal, and technical information and data.
- Provides authoritative advice and information to the Commission on Great Lakes water quality matters and activities of the Great Lakes Regional Office.
- Develops budget proposals for the Regional Office and oversees the preparation of reports on actual and projected resource use.
- Maintains close liaison and working relationships with high ranking officials of state, provincial, and U.S. and Canadian federal water quality agencies. Attends meetings and conferences, representing the Commission and the Regional Office.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel is required.