About the Agency
Office: Houston Field Office
Location: Houston, TX
Working Hours: 8:15 a.m. - 5:00p.m. (Monday - Friday)
GS 8: $48,919.00 - $63,596.00
GS 9: $54,031.00 - $70,237.00
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, May 5, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (Headquarters to Field Offices or Field Offices to Headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving.
Working Conditions: The work is primarily sedentary. However, there may be some physical activity such as walking, standing, bending and carrying light items.
Major Duties for the GS 8 level:
- Obtains and processes a variety of paperwork associated with the electronic surveillance (ELSUR) program.
- Maintains ELSUR physical evidence and ensures chain of custody is preserved.
- Organizes and maintains records and control systems (to include automated systems) for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on ELSUR activity.
- Transfers data from ELSUR devices to portable media.
- Provides advice and assistance regarding legal requirements, documentation, evidence control and reporting.
- Maintains close working relationships with agents, support personnel, representatives from other agencies, and U.S. Attorneys.
- Researches, analyzes, and identifies problem indicators and makes recommendations regarding improvement of the ELSUR program.
Major Duties for the GS 9 level: In addition to the GS 8 level duties:
- Develops and presents formal training and instructional events on the ELSUR program.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required.