About the Agency
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=AYOLY
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Independently collects, analyzes, compiles and reports data on research projects and programs related to the juvenile justice system, juvenile delinquency, and juvenile victimization programs. Accompanied by higher-grade staff, participates in on-site visits to monitor awardee's continuing operations to assess compliance with regulatory, policy, and reporting requirements, such as reviewing and tracking fiscal and statutory requirements of the award.
Responds to and provides advice on factual grant and/or cooperative agreement issues and questions, such as questions on the components of grant files. Researches and analyzes factual grant-related policies and procedures, and provides advice on well-precedented grant and agreement methods and practices. Prepares reports, correspondence, and other written materials in accordance with established regulations and guidelines on straightforward policy issues or requirements, such as timeframes for requested responses, or required grant documentation.
Prepares written materials that relate complex variables within a broad professional field to the development, interpretation, or implementation of important programs and policies. These analyses may review unresolved issues; simplify complicated information; define, describe, and compare alternatives; assess programmatic constraints; summarize outcomes; and present information effectively and cogently to aid leadership and staff in examining the issues before them.
Performs specialized functions to support the grants management program, such as monitoring, reviewing, and tracking systems for incoming grants, grantee reports, and other grants management documentation. Receives, logs, and processes grant applications and grant awards