About the Agency
Cyber Security and Support Unit
Location: Chantilly, VA
Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The FBI must ensure our workforce is fully staffed to continue protecting our nation and combating crime. As a result, the FBI is committed to achieving FY 2014 hiring goals. Effective, May 5, 2014, FBI employees will be precluded from moving to another position within the Bureau by means of promotion, reassignment or change to lower grade unless the new position is career enhancing (Headquarters to Field Offices or Field Offices to Headquarters) or offers a greater promotional potential than the position in which they are currently serving.
ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS MAY BE MADE FROM THIS ANNOUNCEMENT TO FILL POSITIONS WITHIN THE SAME DIVISION WHEN THE POSITION INCLUDES SUBSTANTIALLY THE SAME DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS.
- Planning, directing, coordinating and controlling the work of the security program, and all related security positions/staff.
- Formulating, interpreting and implementing security policy, procedures, systems and programs for the office.
- Determining security clearances for employees or other persons to have access to sensitive information, resources, material or work sites.
- Reviewing designs and inspecting facilities of secure and sensitive information.
- Ensuring the proper classification of secure and sensitive information.
- Preparing and presenting oral and written briefings/presentations to management regarding the program.
- Responsible for the full range of personnel functions of the local program which may include: prsonnel, physical, information, and industrial security.