Job Title:Safety and Occupational Health Specialist, GS-0018-07/09/11
Department:Department Of The Interior
Agency:Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Job Announcement Number:NRO 33/14
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$39,179.00 to $75,376.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, July 21, 2014 to Monday, August 11, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Fort Defiance, AZ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Indian Preference Eligible's / Current Federal Status Employee or Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility.|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indian, Indian tribes and Alaska Natives.
Vacancy ID: 1154540
SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SPECIALIST, GS-0018-07/09/11
PD# 6200024, Navajo Region
Division of Environmental, Cultural & Safety Management
Fort Defiance, Arizona
GS-07: $39,179 - $50,932 Per Annum
GS-09: $47,923 - $62,297 Per Annum
GS-11: $57,982 - $75,376 Per Annum
- Government housing is not availble.
- If this position is filled at a lower grade level, subsequent promotion to the next grade level will be processed without further competition under the Merit Promotion Program at such time as performance and qualification requirements are met and classification review discloses the duties being performed properly warrant classification to the next higher grade level.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7). Consideration will be given to non-Indian applicants (Status or Reinstatement eligibles) in the absence of a qualified Indian Preference eligible. Applicants not entitled to Indian Preference must a Federal civilian employee with competitive status or former Federal civilian employees with reinstatement eligibility and must submit latest Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50B, as proof.
- 50% or Greater
- To conduct safety inspections and safety trainings.
- US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
- A BACKGROUND SECURITY INVESTIGATION WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NEW HIRES.
- APPOINTMENT MAY INCLUDE A REQUIREMENT FOR ONE YEAR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
- APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED ONLINE AND BY FAX 1-478-757-3144.