About the Agency
You are eligible to apply under merit promotion procedures as a status candidate if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Current Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service.
- Career or career-conditional employees in the excepted service that is under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
- Displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP).
- Veterans who have Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibility. (You are eligible for this appointing authority if you are a veteran who substantially completed 3 or more years of active service AND you have been separated under honorable conditions OR a preference eligible as defined in title 5 U.S.C. 2108 (3)). Additional information on VEOA eligibility and veterans' preference eligibility is available in the Vet Guide that can be found at http://www.opm.gov/veterans/html/vetguide.asp
- Individuals with disabilities - For more information and proof required see http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
- Returning Peace Corp Volunteer, etc. (with appropriate documentation)
Applications for this position are being processed through an on-line applicant assessment system that has been specifically configured for Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs applicants. Even if you have already developed a resume in USAJOBS, you will need to access this on-line system to complete the application process. To obtain information about this position and TO APPLY, please click on https://www.avuecentral.com/casting/aiportal/control/toVacancy?referenceCode=NIHXC
(The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position)
Assesses policy needs, and develops and provides information technology (IT) policy, procedure, and/or guideline additions, revisions, and/or updates to IT management and staff in order to govern IT activities and accomplish IT projects or programs.
Provided application design, development, and integration where the implemented solution(s) employed either Open Source or Commercial Off-the-Shelf Software (COTS) integration technologies and techniques. Examples of Open Source may include, apache Cordova, Twitter Bootstrap, MongoDB or any other open source project, software or toolset. Examples of COTS software may include Microsoft Visual studio, Microsoft office, Google Web Services (Maps, Etc), or any other commercially available development toolset or software.