Job Title:Behavioral Health Program Specialist GS-0101-12
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number:IHS-14-PX-1170075-ESEP/MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$71,080.00 to $92,402.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, July 18, 2014 to Thursday, August 7, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Phoenix, AZ View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|See "Who May Apply" section|
|Q - Nonsensitive|
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Serve as a Behavioral Health Program Specialist for the Phoenix Area Office of Health Programs located in Phoenix, AZ.
Who May Apply
- Merit Promotion Plan (MPP) - Current and former career-conditional or status employees
- Excepted Service (ESEP) - Indian Preference or Schedule A applicants
- Veterans Preference - Includes Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) applicants
- USPHS Commissioned Corps candidates
Other Position Details
- Position covered by PL101-630, Indian Child Protection & Family Violence Prevention Act
- Bargaining Unit position
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Position is subject to a background investigation
- A fingerprint check is required as a part of the pre-employment process
- Selective Service registration required for males born after 12/31/59
- U.S. Citizenship is required