Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for implementing the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. This law gives FDA authority over tobacco products by adding a new chapter to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. The Tobacco Control Act gives FDA the authority to regulate tobacco products and manufacturers based on the best available science and CTP is responsible for both assessing and fostering that science-base. CTP's actions have significant public health and consumer protection impact, and are among the most important issues faced by the Agency in its long and distinguished history.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Department of Health and Human Services employees with competitive status and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligibles within the local commuting area only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50, CTAP or COMMISSIONED CORPS DOCUMENTATION
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Management (OM).
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical area FDA-wide.
- Coordinate and manage project activities as they relate to budget planning and execution.
- Work closely with other Project Managers to coordinate and track IT spending and contract obligations.
- Coordinate and manage activities with other IT project managers to schedule meetings and facilitate budget and acquisition planning and execution.
- Maintain and coordinate the monthly tracking and review of acquisition and budget status.
- Track projects estimated versus actual expenditures.
- Work closely with the budget and acquisition office to track the status of the IT acquisition plan.
- Utilize Microsoft Project Management software such as MS Project, MS Excel and SharePoint to establish project plans and reports for project activities and budget changes.
- Prepare routine and timely reports and notices to project team leaders, and appropriate team members, Team directors and Center Director.