In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Successful completion of a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing bio-psychosocial evaluations, determining mental health diagnoses, developing behavioral health treatment plans, and providing psychological counseling. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: A current, active, valid, and unrestricted license to practice Psychology independently offered by a U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Skill in psychological assessment
Ability to provide therapeutic services
Knowledge of psychological testing
Knowledge of administrative procedures
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. This requires that a personnel security investigation be adjudicated on a pre-appointment basis which may take up to 90 days or longer to process. The selectee may be allowed to start work prior to adjudication if management approved. If the security clearance is denied or revoked, the individual may be denied or removed from the position, accordingly.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.