BASIC REQUIREMENTS for GG-1310, Physicist: Degree: Physics; or related degree that included at least 24 semester hours in physics OR Combination of education and experience -- courses equivalent to a major in physics totaling at least 24 semester hours, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Courses must have included a fundamental course in general physics and, in addition, courses in any two of the following: electricity and magnetism, heat, light, mechanics, modern physics, and sound.
AND IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENT, APPLICANTS MUST ALSO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: An understanding of the functions and organizations of NASIC, the intelligence community, and the national policy community is required. Knowledge of NASIC and intelligence community databases and procedures for retrospective research is required to exploit these resources to satisfy customer requirements. Requires knowledge of principles, concepts and intelligence production methodology as acquired by working with supervisor and engineers/analysts of higher grade in the performance of assigned tasks to permit independent performance. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
NOTE: This position has a positive education requirement. If transcripts are not
provided, your resume MUST list the appropriate academic field (e.g. biology, mechanical engineering, economics, sociology, etc.) and all courses you have taken (including those failed), which appear to satisfy the qualification requirements of the position for which you are applying. List graduate and
undergraduate courses separately. Include the descriptive title and course code, completion date, grade, number of semester, quarter or classroom hours (for education completed at business, secretarial, technical school or military schools) and graduate and undergraduate classes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of physics across a wide variety of applications: communications, computers, and sensors. Knowledge of the full range of intelligence research and collections methods, techniques, and practices and multi-source intelligence information systems to capture and report on data in order to develop intelligence capabilities and threat assessments, interpret policy, and commit resources.
2. Knowledge of advance dissemination principles, concepts, and methods to disburse complex information/situations attained from multiple sources.
3. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities; skill and ability to lead a team of analysts in the successful analysis of foreign people, place, program, and processes related to the development of emerging and disruptive technology research and development.
4. Ability to maintain control of classified material; quickly assimilate disparate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implication of such data; make decisions, estimates, and recommendation under conditions of urgency and pressure base on mature judgment and experience; and present and/or defend a position effectively
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This is covered by the DCIPS, and as such will subject the incumbent to those examinations and or tests that are necessary to obtain and retain a security clearance and any special accesses required by the position in accordance with AFI 36-1101. This position is a testing designated position and as such requires periodic urinalysis testing. Failure to comply with any of the specials requirements, when required, will subject the incumbent of this position to reassignment or disciplinary adverse actions, including demotion or removal.
2. May be required to travel by military or commercial aircraft in the performance to temporary duty. Prolong periods of sitting, reading and intense data analysis are typical. This work is mostly sedentary performed in a office setting.
3. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
4. This position is covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel system (DCIPS), and as such will subject the incumbent to those examinations and/or tests that are necessary to obtain and retain a security clearance and any special accesses required by the position in accordance with AFI 36-1101.
5. Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
6. Must have a Bachelor of Science in Physics.
7. A Masters Degree in Physics or equivalent experience is highly desired. A PhD in physics is desirable.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.