Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice!
The Department of Justice (DOJ) leads the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. As a Justice employee you'll be a member of a team where you can achieve your career goals and apply your skills and talents to our important mission.
This position is located in the Department of Justice, Office of Information Systems Services of the U.S. Parole Commission. The mission of the U.S. Parole Commission is to make parole release decisions for eligible Federal and DC prisoners, determine the conditions of the parole, and revoke parole where the conditions of the release are violated.
This vacancy is also being advertised under Merit Promotion procedures as USPC-14-1165062-MPP.
As Records Clerk (OA), your primary duties will consist of the following:
- Records Maintenance
- Determining the subject matter content of various types of incoming correspondence, files and forms.
- Analyzing materials and conducting extensive searches of historical records.
- Identifying, screening, and preparing files for retention and disposition.
- Assisting in file searches to locate material and ensure that withdrawn files are properly logged out.
- Routing records to the appropriate staff.
- Resolving record problems.
- Using an automated case file tracking system and ensuring that security measures are adhered before releasing information from files.
- Typing memos, reports, and other pertinent file information.