In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience includes
funds for disbursement; and either working with time sensitive
information concerning deceased persons by obtaining information so processing
may begin; or providing information/resources needed in the recovery of a
disaster by meeting their emergency needs such as shelter, food, clothing, and
health/mental health services.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
· Knowledge of Casualty and Mortuary Affairs Policy and Procedures
· Ability to Provide Mortuary Affairs Clerical Support
· Knowledge to Process Mortuary Affairs Expenditures
· Skill to Handle Mass Casualty and
· Ability to Communicate
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
degree or equivalent graduate degree in Human Services or a subject area
related to the position being filled or 2 full years of progressively higher
level graduate education leading to such a degree OR a combination of education and experience.
of successfully completed education and specialized experience described above
may be used to meet total qualification requirements at the GS-09 grade level.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized
by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education
requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional
information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S.
Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order
to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.