Job Title: Clinical PsychologistJob Announcement Number: NCMD141617591168335D
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Medical Command
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Friday, July 25, 2014 to
Thursday, August 7, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Sam Houston, TX View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), located at Fort Sam Houston, TX is a modern, state-of-the-art 450-bed health care facility that provides level-one trauma and graduate medical education. The physical appearance and efficiency of space throughout the hospital creates a user-friendly, high quality healthcare environment for patients, their families, and health care providers.
Fort Sam Houston is located in San Antonio, the second largest metropolitan area in Texas with a warm climate and close proximity to beaches. Fort Sam Houston is located in beautiful San Antonio, TX with a warm climate, close proximity to beaches, and a population of approximately 1 million people. Additionally, there are many surrounding smaller towns within a 30 mile radius including Universal City, Converse, Kirby, Shertz, and Cibolo. For those who prefer country living, ranches and property can be easily found in the big and beautiful State of Texas.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Clinical Psychologist, you will perform the following duties: Provide psychological diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of complex child mental health and pediatric psychology cases. Conduct psychological testing with children and adolescents; select, administer, score, and interpret objective and projective psychological tests for the purpose of assessing overall emotional and cognitive/intellectual functioning, and for diagnostic purposes. Conduct clinical diagnostic interviews which requires knowledge of a wide range of childhood/adolescent mental health disorders and a strong foundation in general childhood development. Utilize a broad range of psychotherapeutic techniques/treatment approaches, including brief psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, play therapy, and other evidence-based treatment protocols. Provide support and treatment to children and families having difficulties associated with deployment or war-related injuries or death of the active duty service member parent; this may include intensive work with children whose parent has sustained severe burns and require prolonged hospitalization.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Successful completion of a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) directly related to full professional work in clinical psychology. Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this position. Specialized experience is defined as: conducting psychological testing with children and/or adolescents; utilizing child and/or adolescent psychotherapeutic techniques and/or treatment approaches such as psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy or play therapy; performing clinical diagnostic interviews with children and/or adolescents with mental health disorders and documenting care provided to children and/or adolescent patients into behavioral health medical records. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work preformed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.Licensure: A current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice psychology independently offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, Commonwealth, territory, or jurisdiction is required.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas: Knowledge of child/adolecent assessments and testing Ability to provide treatment to child or adolescent Knowledge of administrative duties
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.