About the Agency
This position is located in the Office of Information Services, Customer Services Division, User Services Branch.
The supervisor is Anna McGowan.
This position is a bargaining unit position.
As a technical librarian in the Public Document Room (PDR) and the NRC Technical Library, you will provide a variety of reference assistance and bibliographic support to the public and staff.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Performs manual and online searches in Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS) for specific documents or groups of documents for library customers.
- Answers simple and complex reference questions, online literature searches for NRC staff and other government agencies, libraries, learning institutions, and private industry.
- Selects library materials.
- Provides bibliographic and interlibrary loan services.
- Uses and demonstrates the library's electronic resources.
- Supports training of library staff in the use of the automated systems for retrieving information from published literature.