"READVERTISEMENT: APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED UNDER THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE CONSIDERED AND NEED NOT RE-APPLY. YOU MAY PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR DOCUMENTATION WHICH WAS NOT PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED."
The Bureau of Indian Affairs is the lead agency for the United States in carrying on a government-to-government relationship with the tribal nations. A challenging and dynamic place to work, it enhances the quality of life, promotes economic opportunity, and carries out the responsibility to protect and improve the trust assets of American Indians, Indian Tribes and Alaska Natives.
This position is located in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Rocky
Mountain Region; Fort Peck Agency; and you can find more information specific to our
organization at U.S. Department of the Interior, Indian Affairs.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934 (Title 25, USC, Section 472). Verification of Form BIA-4432 must be submitted with the application if claiming Indian Preference. Indian Preference eligibles that are not currently employed with the Federal service will be appointed under the Excepted Service Appointment Authority Schedule A, 213.3112(A)(7).
FORMER FEDERAL EMPLOYEES: Former federal employees are required to indicate whether they received a Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) buyout in their previous employment with the Federal government, and are required to submit a copy of the applicable Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) regarding the VSIP. The majority of individuals, who accept reemployment with the Federal government within 5 years of receiving the VSIP amount, must repay the gross amount of the separation pay prior to reemployment.
Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA)
As a Maintenance Worker, you will;
- Perform mixed duties of a general nature necessary for the proper operation, maintenance and repair of buildings, sheds and facilities, water and heating systems, pumps, fans or motors or other equipment.
- Perform carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, plastering and other trades, gas and electrical welding and the operation of motor vehicle and composable equipment as required.
- Prepares metal, wood, plaster, and sheetrock surfaces for painting, paints, scrapes, smooth and shapes.
- Installs or repairs composition shingle and shake roofs, inspects roofs on existing structures, traces leaks, determines cause and extent of damage.
- Rakes grass, gravel and leaves, repairs fences, operates riding and push and self propelled lawn mowers.